Job Vacancy for Pharmacists
Job Descriptions of Pharmacist
Staff pharmacists face a varied set of responsibilities including dispensing medication, making purchasing decisions, monitoring drug therapy, preparing IV medication, and overseeing drug administration.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serves patients by preparing medications, giving pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care team, and monitoring patient drug therapies.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs and training pharmacy staff, students, interns and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the DRAP, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspection.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel.
- Maintains current registration, studies existing and new legislation, anticipates legislation, and advises management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.